Frankincense is a powerful astringent that protects skin cells and prevents wrinkles, making it the star ingredient of this anti-ageing night cream. When combined with the vitamin-filled apples and the fatty acids of avocado oil, the cream leaves skin plump and deeply moisturised.
As this is a heavier cream, we recommend applying it as the last step in your skincare routine before bed. By morning it will have worked its magic, leaving you looking and feeling baby smooth.
- 4 tbsp (60ml) rose water
- 1 tbsp (15ml) avocado oil (alternatively use olive oil)
- 6 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 apples
- hob and pan
- Core and slice the apples into small chunks and place into the blender.
- Add the avocado oil and blend until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Heat the apple mixture over the hob on a low heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and add the rose water, mixing until combined.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then add the frankincense.
- Leave the mixture to fully cool before transferring it to an airtight container and storing it in the fridge. Use within 5 days.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful – Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.