The 5 Best Essential Oils For Your Hair
Taking care of our hair is important. There are so many hair treatments out there, making it overwhelming figuring out which one is right for you. Essential oils are a quick, natural solution. Many have properties that can help with a variety of hair problems. Here, we break down the 5 best essential oils for your hair, along with great suggestions for how and why you should use them.
Whether you're suffering with lifeless locks, an itchy scalp, or just want to add some extra shine, there's an essential oil that can help. So if you're sick of spending your hard-earned cash on an endless collection of hair products that leave you disappointed, why not take back control and create your own solution? Essential oils are one of the world's oldest natural beauty products, and there's a reason they're still beloved today. Thanks to their concentrated power you only need to use a tiny amount at a time (always diluted!), and you can experiment with different combinations to find the one that works for you.
How to use essential oils in your hair:
For a quick fix, you can add any of these essential oils to a fragrance free shampoo or conditioner. Or, try mixing a few drops with coconut oil for a DIY home hair treatment - it helps stimulate growth and prevent breakage, all while softening and adding shine. Any carrier oil (yes, even olive oil from your kitchen cupboard) and be mixed with essential oils to create your own custom hair oil.
Which essential oils are good for hair?
- Chamomile - The properties of Chamomile essential oil are great for bringing the shine and softness to your hair, as well as soothing the scalp and reducing dandruff. It’s very helpful for dry and brittle hair, as it strengthens and moisturises.
- Clary Sage - A great essential oil for scalp stimulation and for hair growth. Clary Sage is also a deodorant which will leave your hair smelling great.
- Rosemary - The vitamins in Rosemary essential oil will help to encourage hair growth, as well as reducing dandruff and greasy hair.
- Cedarwood - Cedarwood essential oil is fantastic for reducing a dry scalp and removing grease. The anti-fungal and antibacterial properties will treat dandruff and hair loss.
- Lavender - The properties of Lavender essential oil will help to generate the growth of cells which will encourage hair growth. This oil will rejuvenate dry and damaged hair and reduce grease and dandruff.
Chamomile Essential Oil£7.95
Lavender Essential Oil£2.95