Blue Lotus Absolute Room Spray
Absolutes, much like essential oils, are extracted from plants to leave us with an aromatic liquid. However, there is a lengthy and complex process to extracting absolutes that means they have longevity and a stronger scent. Although they are more expensive than conventional oils, they are often favoured due to their intense and rare qualities.
Blue lotus was considered sacred to the Ancient Egyptians due to the blissful and spiritual experiences it evoked. Today, it is still enjoyed as a therapeutic oil, making the perfect addition to any home. This room spray makes enjoying the benefits of blue lotus easy. Use daily to improve the atmosphere of your home whilst also expelling odours left by pets, cooking or day to day life.
- 2 tbsp (30ml) witch hazel with alcohol
- 90ml distilled water
- 10 drops blue lotus absolute at 10%
- small spray bottle
- airtight jar
- Combine the witch hazel and blue lotus in the jar, screw on the lid and shake well for around 30 seconds.
- Add the water to the mix, replace the lid and shake again for 30 seconds.
- Place the funnel inside the spray bottle and pour the liquid in.
- Shake the bottle before use. There is no emulsifier in this product so it will need to be mixed first. Use within 3 months.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.
Blue Lotus Absolute Oil at 10%£4.95
Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmeticsfrom £6.95