Detoxifying Foot Soak
With the botanical name “Citrus Paradisi”, grapefruit oil really is the key to paradise for your feet. Its invigorating scent and anti-fungal properties make it the perfect remedy for tired tootsies. Frankincense is known as a natural deodoriser and Epsom salts relax the joints and muscles. So, whether you’ve been in heels or running shoes, this foot soak is exactly what you need at the end of a busy day.
- 250g epsom salt
- 250g sea salt
- 150g baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) grapefruit essential oil
- 20 drops (1ml) frankincense essential oil
- airtight container
- Simply combine all of the ingredients, ensuring that the oils are distributed evenly.
- When needed, use roughly 1/4 of the mixture in a bowl of warm water and soak your feet for 15 minutes, or as long as desired.
- Use within 1 month and store in a dry place.
Note: Citrus essential oils can increase your skin's photosensitivity. Do not use this product before sun exposure as it can increase your risk of sunburn.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.
Grapefruit Essential Oil£2.85
Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmeticsfrom £6.95