DIY Bath Melts
We don't know about you, but when life starts to get busy, one of the first things that we let slide is our skincare. With three loads of washing to do, an inbox of emails to reply to and dinner to be cooked, moisturising your whole body just doesn't seem so important any more, does it? It's times like these that you need an amazing two-in-one product to get the job done for you... That's where these luxurious aromatherapy bath melts come in and save the day!
If you want to kill two birds with one stone (not literally though, here at Tender Essence we're very against animal cruelty!) these are the DIY products for you. Not only will they help to eliminate stress with their soothing scent, but they will deeply nourish your skin. The best part? All of it's done in the bath. As soon as you step out you don't even have to think about slathering yourself in body butter. Their gentle mix of essential oils and coconut oil makes them one of our simplest (but oh-so-effective) DIYs yet. Within a few hours you'll have little blocks of nourishment ready to be popped in your bath water to leave you feeling super smooth!
You will need:
- A cup of Tender Essence 100% coconut oil
- 16 drops of Lavender essential oil (For an invigorating bath try our citrus oils instead!)
- 1 ice cube mould (preferably silicone)
- Optional: dried flowers or the contents of herbal tea bags to add texture
1. Melt your coconut oil on a low heat setting on your hob or in a microwave until it’s a liquid.
2. Take the coconut oil off the heat and add your essential oils. Mix well with a metal spoon to make sure that the scent is evenly distributed.
3. Carefully pour your oil mixture into a mould. It may help to decant the liquid into a jug with a lip beforehand.
Optional: Sprinkle in your dried flowers or tea.
4. Leave the mould in the fridge for a couple of hours or until it’s solid.
5. Simply pop the melts out of your mould and they're ready to work their magic.