How to Make a Hair Conditioning Mask - Intensive Moisture for Your Hair
Heat, air pollution and styling can seriously damage hair, leaving it dry and prone to breakage. Due to this it’s important to pamper it every now and then with an intensive conditioning mask, to return it to its former glory.
The best ingredient for damaged hair is oil, particularly coconut oil, which is also a great remedy for dandruff. This hair mask combines the wonder of coconut oil with lavender essential oil. That way, you get a salon-like treatment and a relaxing aromatherapy session, too!
- 45g coconut oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- large bowl
- electric whisk
- airtight container (such as a mason jar)
- Using the electric whisk, combine all of the ingredients on a medium speed until it forms a thick, whipped consistency.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To use, simply comb this through your hair, focusing on the ends, and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse out with shampoo and style as desired. Use within 1 month.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.
Lavender (French) Essential Oil£2.95
Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmeticsfrom £6.95