Spend over £10 to get free economy delivery in the UK
Orange and Patchouli Reed Diffuser
Reed diffusers are an amazing way to create an inviting space and turn your home into your own sanctuary. This simple DIY will help to lift the mood of any room and is an eco-friendly alternative to plug-in air fresheners.
This reed diffuser uses base notes of patchouli, which will save you spending on endless plug-in refills thanks to its scent longevity. Plus, since we know that conventional air fresheners are filled with potentially damaging chemicals, there’s never been a better time to make this natural switch. The uplifting top note of orange elevates this mix and completes the scent that will become a staple in your home.
- 90ml (90%) carrier oil, silicone oil, or alcohol
- 10ml (10%) essential oils: 6ml patchouli and 4ml orange
- glass bottle or jar (tall enough for reeds to stand in)
- wooden reeds (between 4 and 10)
- glass jug
- Mix your carrier oil and essential oils in the glass jug, making sure that they are fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into your glass bottle, leaving a suitable amount of space at the top to allow for the reeds.
- Push your reeds into the glass. The more reeds you use, the stronger the scent will be, as more oil will be dispersed. Use within 12 months.
Helpful Hint: The best part is that this recipe is simply your starting point. As you get more confident and grow your oil collection you can create new fragrances, sticking to the 90% carrier oil to 10% essential oil ratio.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.
Patchouli Essential Oil£3.95
Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmeticsfrom £6.95