Wake Me Up Shower Jelly
Showers are a part of life that most of us do half-asleep, but we promise that these shower jellies are going to change that!
A fun take on traditional shower gels, these invigorating jellies wibble and wobble as you use them. Simply wet and rub one over your skin or chop them up and rub individual chunks into your loofa to use like a normal gel. The mix of orange and lemon is bound to wake you up in the morning and leave you as clean as a whistle.
- 25g powdered agar-agar
- 170ml boiling water
- 20g melt and pour soap compound
- 3 drops orange essential oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Colouring (of your choice)
- glass jug
- silicone moulds
- Mix the agar-agar powder with the boiling water until completely dissolved.
- Microwave the melt and pour soap for 20 seconds, until completely liquid.
- Add the soap to the agar mix and stir thoroughly.
- Add the essential oils and colouring and quickly mix until combined.
- Mix in the salt.
- Pour the mixture into your silicone moulds carefully. It can be helpful to put the moulds onto a tray prior to filling for easy transportation.
- Leave in the fridge to completely set and then remove from the moulds.
- Store the jellies in the fridge in an airtight container. Use within 1 month.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.
Orange (Sweet) Essential Oil£2.50
Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmeticsfrom £6.95