A good body scrub should be a part of everyone’s shower routine. Not only will it leave you silky smooth, but buffing away dead skin cells will make you glow like nothing else. The best part is that they are extremely easy to make, saving you money and allowing you to adapt the consistency to your preference.
The mix of citrus and green tea makes this a perfect wake up call for the body. This scrub is coarse so is perfect for use on dry feet, keratosis, or any areas that need a little bit of extra love.
- 300g granulated sugar
- 100g oil of your choice (we recommend grapeseed or coconut!)
- 20 drops (1ml) orange essential oil
- 20 drops (1ml) lemon essential oil
- 1 green tea bag (contents)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- airtight container
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- If you feel as though the mixture is too wet, add more sugar for a coarser scrub. If you want to make the mixture less harsh, add more of the oil of your choice.
- To store the mixture keep it in an airtight container such as a mason jar. Use within 1 month.
Note: Be aware that citrus essential oils can increase your skin’s photosensitivity. Do not use this body scrub before sun exposure as it could increase your risk of sunburn.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful – Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.