Bicarbonate of Soda - Sodium Bicarbonate
Bicarbonate of Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
Bicarbonate of Soda is a wonderfully versatile product, with a variety of uses in cosmetics and around the home.
- It is a vital ingredient in making your own bath bombs - it helps to soften the water and when combined with citric acid and hot water, it creates bubbles. For more advice on making bath bombs and other ingredients needed, see here.
- It can be used alone as a bath soak. Simply add 50g to the water to wash away oil and sweat, while leaving skin feeling soft.
- To produce a natural face mask that can help fight breakouts, mix 1 tablespoon with 1 tablespoon of water.
- For a gentle hair and scalp cleanser, add to a shampoo base to create a soapy paste.
- It can also exfoliate skin, and help to absorb odours as a natural deodorant.
As well as all these cosmetic suggestions, it has plenty of other uses around the home:
- Its deodorising properties mean that Bicarbonate of Soda makes a wonderful natural air freshener when combined with the scents of essential oils
- It can be used to remove stains from carpets
- It can be used as a natural kitchen and bathroom cleaner
- It can whiten laundry
- It can be sprinkled in shoes to deodorise them.
Choose your size from:
Comes packaged in self seal bags, so you can easily reseal it to store for future use. The 1kg is also available in a handy tub.
To make your own bath bombs we have a fantastic blog article here that will help you create yours.
Health and Safety:
This is a cosmetics product from a cosmetic supplier. Not for consumption. Avoid contact with eyes - goggles should be worn while using this ingredient. As with all powder-based ingredients, it is best to avoid excess inhalation. It's best to avoid using cosmetic ingredients while pregnant, please seek medical advice before use. Keep out of reach of children and pets.