This whipped aftershave balm is perfect for use on both the face and the legs, with its soothing and moisturising properties. Coconut oil and Grapeseed oil combine to counteract the drying effect that shaving can have, whilst lavender stops any potential itching.
When complete the balm has a whipped consistency and a sweet-woody scent that is absolutely irresistible.
- 250g coconut oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) grapeseed oil
- 7 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- electric whisk
- jar or airtight container
- Whip the coconut oil using an electric whisk on the lowest setting for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to the mix and whisk for an extra 2 minutes.
- Store in an airtight jar and smooth over the skin after shaving as needed. Use within 6 months.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful – Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.