Essential oils are powerful natural scents, distilled from plants. They have a great variety of uses and each oil has its own unique aromatherapy benefits, ranging from calming to uplifting. Each essential oil listing will tell you more about its individual benefits.
You'll find many great ways to utilise their properties, including making your own cosmetics, but here are some simple suggestions:
- Add 4 drops into the bath for a relaxing soak. The warmth of the water will cause the oil to evaporate, dispersing its wonderful scent and allowing you to experience its therapeutic benefits. Lavender is great for this.
- Drip 4 drops into a tissue and place this on a non-electric radiator. This will again disperse the scent, filling your room with a wonderful aroma.
- Dilute a few drops into a carrier oil (such as Grapeseed) to create a quick and easy massage oil. Both the carrier and essential oil can be good for your skin.
- Take the cap off a bottle and place it on a high shelf (out of reach of pets and children). The substances are naturally volatile and will release scent straight from the bottle. Lime is a refreshing and antiseptic scent for a room.
- Add to a variety of base ingredients to create your own cosmetics. This allows you to choose your favourite scents, or the oils with benefits most suited to you. We have a whole book of recipes.
- Mix a few drops with water and use in your aroma diffuser or oil burner. These can easily fragrance a room. Peppermint will refresh a room and clear your mind.
Usage and Safety:
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on children, pets, when pregnant, breastfeeding, or while on medication. Always keep out of reach of children.
Essential oils should not be used instead of seeing a doctor for medical advice. Never self-prescribe and if in doubt please ask your doctor. Do not use on sensitive skin and always do a small patch test of the oil before use. If an allergic reaction occurs, wash off the oil with soap and water, then seek medical attention. Never use any oil neat on the skin, always dilute first.
All the essential oils come in pharmaceutical safe PET plastic amber bottles. These 10ml bottles are impact resistant and can be dropped without smashing, unlike glass alternatives. They are perfect for using safely in spas, bathrooms and health environments. They can be recycled in most household green waste bins and have classification PET1. If your item arrives smashed or has leaked in the packaging, ask the postal worker to return it to sender, or throw it away and contact us for a replacement. All the packaging used on our products is available in the store.
A dropper cap is inside the bottles for easy dispensing, which can be removed if you need the oil to drip quicker. Thicker oils, like Patchouli, will take time to drip from the bottle. The cap is tamper evident.
We suggest using your oil within 12 months of purchase. Some will last longer and some scents mature with age.
You can return your order to us for a full refund within 14 days of purchase. If you are testing a scent for the first time, please do not ask for refunds or leave negative feedback because you dislike a scent. We’re usually unable to refund open bottles, for hygiene reasons. Any damaged bottles will be refunded or replaced.
Material Safety Data Sheets:
If you're using the oils for professional use or making derivative products, you can download our Material Safety Data Sheets and Certificates of Analysis for all our oils, on this page here. The sheets are a combined document and also include health and safety advice. For professional use only, to be used for reference purposes only but not as a replacement for your own company's assessment of health and safety practices. These are provided for those that already have liability insurance for staff, themselves and their products. Home users will receive a guidance leaflet with each order that provides sufficient safety information for best use and practice in the home. You can visit our blog for ideas on cosmetics to make at home.
Wholesale Essential Oils:
Please read our wholesale information page on buying our essential oils at wholesale rates for use in shops, spas and market stalls.
If you have further questions, then please use our Contact Us page.
8 set of Essential Oils£17.95
Bright and Beautiful - Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics£6.95