Essential Oils - Choose from 26 Aromatherapy Oils
Choose from any of these 26 essential oils from the drop-down menu:
1. Bergamot: Uplifting & Refreshing. Euphoric. Citrus aroma with a balsamic undertone.
2. Blue Lotus (Absolute at 10% dilution in Sweet Almond Oil): Sensual aphrodisiac, euphoric. Floral notes with silky base notes.
3. Cedarwood (Himalayan): Stimulating. Refreshing. Tonic effect. Woody smell.
4. Chamomile (Roman): Calming. Floral apple notes with herbaceous base notes.
5. Cinnamon: Stimulating. Great for oil burners. Use sparingly. Strong Aroma. Do not use in skin products, can cause sensitivity. Spicy & fiery with oriental aroma's.
6. Citronella: Relaxant. Good for helping with rheumatic pain. Lemony citrus aroma.
7. Clary Sage: Aphrodisiac, Calming, Antiseptic. Sweet nutty & sweet woody fragrance.
8. Eucalyptus: Antiseptic. Stimulating smell, Clearing.
9. Frankincense: Steam distilled Frankincense. Sweet & warming with a balsamic base note & slightly musky aroma. Used to stimulate the mind & providing comfort.
10. Geranium (Egyptian): An earthy floral scent, with slight herbaceous minty undertones. Steam distilled in Egypt.
11. Grapefruit: A citrus aroma similar to the fruit. Uplifting & refreshing.
12. Jasmine (Absolute at 10% dilution in Sweet Almond Oil): Sensual, aphrodisiac, moody & dark. Floral exotic aroma with dark notes.
13. Juniper Berry: An evergreen shrub with berries. Multiple notes of turpentine, pepper & balsamic undertones. Refreshing smell. Can be used to help with hormonal issues or stimulate menstruation or to relieve emotional symptoms of the menopause. Acts as an emmenagogue so do not use around pregnant women.
14. Lavender (French): Antiseptic, stimulating while relaxing. 5 drops in the bath to aid with relaxation.
15. Lemon: Invigorating, diuretic, deodorising. Lemon citrus smell. Cold-pressed.
16. Lemongrass: Invigorating & antibacterial. Warm lemon grassy smell.
17. Lime: Good stimulant & antiviral. Sharp bitter citrus peel aroma. Slightly warming. Steam distilled.
18. Orange (Sweet): Refreshes & stimulates. Sweet orange. Great for oil burners.
19. Patchouli: Anti-inflammatory, sedates, aphrodisiac. Strong earthy smell. Often used as a base note in perfume & products. Patchouli is thick & will take time to drip from the bottle.
20. Peppermint (Piperita): Refreshing & soothing. Good for hangovers. Menthol smell that stimulates the mind. Great oil for an oil burner.
21. Petitgrain (Mandarin): Balsamic, herbaceous, green and floral. A cost-effective alternative to Neroli. Use sparingly in blends as a base note to replace Neroli.
22. Rose Geranium: Balancing & floral. More floral than just Geranium, too sweet to smell from the bottle. Needs diluting into a blend to appreciate the floral notes. Use sparingly. Good for hormonal issues.
23. Rosemary: Cleansing, invigorating, stimulating. Green woody aroma with a menthol undertone & a tint of burnt bark.
24. Tea Tree (Ti Tree): Antiseptic. Fights bacteria, fungi & virus. Medicinal but refreshing smell. Good for helping with acne and fighting feet & toe fungal infections. One of the most useful of all essential oils & a great addition to any first aid kit.
25. Violet Leaf (Absolute at 5% dilution in Grapeseed Oil): Soothing. Earthy, leafy, subtle floral notes, characteristic of parma violets. Often used in the perfume industry.
26. Ylang Ylang: Confidence. Exotic and oriental floral notes. Used in perfumes. Use sparingly.
For ideas on how to use essential oils, click here.
For external use only. Do not apply to skin undiluted. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on children, when pregnant, or while on medication. Do not use essential oils instead of seeing a doctor for medical advice. If an allergic reaction occurs wash the oil off with soap and water then seek medical advice.